Watching our children grow into their community is an incredible part of life as they experience new things, make new friends at playgrounds and relish in the nature of the scenery around them. Museum visits, mom-to-mom gatherings, and playdates, staycations and arcades… they are all little pieces of the life our children and their childhood memories. We’ve gathered a complete list of all of the local fun resources, theme and adventure parks and more to help you find all of your fun.
Free Resources For Family Entertainment:
- Free local event calendar and website featuring local free and low-cost events across the areas for your kids, your family and occasionally, even you. Included are parenting articles, craft ideas, recipes, giveaways and more.
- Free family resource with guides featuring birthday party locations and attractions like your local go-kart track and kids arcades. Their blog also includes events across West Michigan.
- Great list of local cultural events across Ottawa County, Michigan including monthly festivals and fairs
- Take your kids on a unique vacation or staycation in West Michigan! Resource for family places to enjoy with many activities, resorts, parks, and more.
- Local, free and low-cost kid’s activities to entertain your children. Sign up for their email list to receive a weekly email full of baby, toddler, kid, and teen-friendly events and activities on the Lakeshore of Michigan to include Muskegon, Oceana, & Ottawa counties and surrounding areas.
Local Amusement and Theme Parks
- Enjoy 250 acres of fun at Michigan’s Adventure and WildWater Adventure. Two amazing parks in one with all kinds of fun for everyone.
- WildWater Adventure is a water park in Muskegon, Michigan, located next door to Michigan’s Adventure and admission is included in the Michigan’s Adventure ticket.
- Outdoor adventure park featuring obstacle courses with zip-lines, swinging logs & rope bridges.
- Chain of indoor trampoline parks featuring freestyle bouncing, dodgeball, fitness programs & more.
- Kid-oriented entertainment center featuring mini-golf, go-karts, laser tag, arcade games & more.
- Family fun center offering go-karts, bumper boats, mini golf, laser tag & more, plus a pizza buffet.
- Rebounderz, located in West Michigan, is a 54,000 square foot state-of-the-art indoor trampoline arena and extreme fun center in Jenison, Michigan
- Theme park celebrating the Netherlands with a wooden shoe factory, cheese-making & petting zoo.
- Water sport activity and adventure park.
- The John Ball Zoo is situated on the ravines and bluffs along the west edge of the park. The zoo houses a variety of animals from around the world and is a significant regional attraction.
- Binder Park Zoo is one of the largest zoos in Michigan, and features a large array of animals and plants, including the Wild Africa Exhibit.
- Set on 80 acres, this private zoo hosts a range of exotic animals, many that can be touched.
Museums and Gardens
- Museum offers 3 floors of history in an ex-flour mill plus exhibits, a 1928 carousel & planetarium.
- The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum is the presidential museum and burial site of Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, and his wife Betty Ford.
- The Grand Rapids Art Museum is an art museum located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with collections ranging from Renaissance to Modern Art and special collections on 19th and 20th-century European and American art.
- Hands-on learning space for kids ages 2-10 features a real beehive & workshops like robot building.
- The Public Museum celebrates the cultural and natural history of the region and seeks to educate and entertain with 3 floors of exhibits and special programs.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is a 158-acre botanical garden and outdoor sculpture park located in Grand Rapids